Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Experiences

Happy New Year! At this time last year, my husband and I learned that I was pregnant (not a surprise). I spent the subsequent months running with an increasing amount of body weight, but with a new sense of freedom and excitement. It was the first time I think that I had ever just run to run, no thoughts on pace, distance, or goals. I was running because I enjoyed it and it was keeping me and baby healthy. This year, though, it's a whole new set of experiences. Now I'm trying to reverse the nine months of body strain and weight in (hopefully) less than nine months all while staying at home with my beautiful daughter. So far, I'm doing okay, but I've learned that I'm not one of those lucky women who have a baby and 3 months later are running PRs. Oh, how I wish I was one of those! Training has been progressing, but I'm finding that I need to have more patience with my body. I think many runners can relate with that! Luckily, I may soon have a former college teammate to train and trade baby-watching duties with...this would be huge as right now I'm training alone and my husband and I struggle to both have enough time to train when he gets home from work.


Quick background on me: HS--Fountain-Ft. Carson ('01), College--Adams State ('05), beginning my first year with the BRC racing team, live in Alamosa, CO.


Next up for me is the Fast and Flurryous 4 Mile in Boulder. This will be my first race since October 2008 (not counting Bolder Boulder at 6 months preggo in 66 minutes). We'll see how it goes. Training-wise, I've been averaging 40-60 minutes and have only done a handful of hard workouts thus far, so it could be a bit of a rough day!

No comments:

Post a Comment