Thursday, February 3, 2011

Crossroads revisited

Well, I have been out of the blogging realm for awhile now and have had many changes in my running over that time period. I now run for the BRC/Adidas team and have raced twice since being accepted to the team. The first race, Club Cross was the ultimate let down for me and I really have not done much racing since then. I put together one of the best training blocks I have ever done and thought I should have been able to run around 30:30 or so. Well the short story was I ran 31:24 and was 73rd! which was my worst placing in a race since the Boulder Bolder back in 2002. 119 guys were under 32 minutes that day which shows just how impressive the competition was. The only other race I have run was the XC race in Boulder back in January. Another loaded field and a mistake in the training earlier in the week lead to another let down race.
So where does this leave me now? Well 2010 was a good year. 15 quality races and 4000 miles ran. 2011 has started off well as far as training goes and I have been doing two workouts a week since the last week of December. As I last wrote in my previous blog I am again at the crossroads not really having a good specific direction as to where I want to go with racing and what I would like to accomplish for the year. Only time will tell, and until next time train hard and enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment