Sunday, February 20, 2011

Getting Back Into It

At the end of November I got into a car accident. Good news...my passenger side was hit and I was ok. Bad news...I lost my car. I traveled to North Carolina for Club Cross, but couldn't compete.

I had a rough go at the Chicago Marathon in September. I needed a 2:46 to qualify for the trials and ended up running a 2:49. The game plan was to turn around and run the Houston Marathon at the end of January. When I was still in physical therapy the first week of January, I knew that Houston was going to be a no go.

I'm done with all my chiropractic treatments and I'm done with physical therapy. I was able to start running again at the beginning of January. I'm so happy to be able to run again. Right now I'm putting in some base work to build my mileage back up.

I don't have a spring marathon on the schedule right now, but have a few possibilities in mind. I'm going to do Gate River in March. I'm not sure that I'll be in great shape by then, but I feel really good and am excited to get back to racing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment