Sunday, February 17, 2013

Running Stronger

Well it's a Sunday afternoon and after a nice long run, I figured it would be a great time to get back to some blogging. For those of you who didn't know I have finally gotten back into serious training again after about a 10 month period of off and on running due to a nagging ankle/achilles injury.  I was typically running about 2 to 3 days a week, just to stay in some kind of shape, but was running through pain most of the time.

About a month and a half ago I finally found a way to get my ankle feeling back to 100%.  I started wearing a night splint that kept my foot in dorsiflexion throughout the night.  I started getting immediate relief after about 3 days, and after about a month, I finally got my ankle to basically feel normal again.

So on to the good stuff, I got a new coach on the first of Febuary named Jon Sinclair.  For those of you who haven't heard of him, he was one of the nations top runners during the 80's and even held the 12k US National record.  Training has been going really well, even though we still having been keeping the mileage relatively low as to not reaggrevate my ankle injury.  I am finally starting to feel stronger and more fit again, along with loosing about 8 pounds.

I am still hashing out my racing plans for this spring and summer as we will be having a new addition to our family  in about 2 weeks and I'm not sure when I will be able to free up some time.  I plan on doing some St. Patty's day race and then a couple local races in April, before trying my hand at some bigger/longer races come may/june.  Anyway that's it for now, and hope everyone is training hard for this upcoming spring so we can all take some names!

No comments:

Post a Comment