Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hills.

So yesterday was my first real workout since Club Nationals. I have been doing a lot of uptempo running (around 5:45-6:00 pace), but had not done any structured intervals until yesterday.

The Western State team was doing hill repeats (10x 200 meter hills), so I decided to jump in and break up the monotony of slow distance running. I felt really strong, so I opted to do 15 of them with one of our 10K guys. The first 10 were much faster because I had to hold off one of our anxious freshman on each one, as we were running 31-32 on the last 4 uphill! This was much faster than I wanted to go, so one the last 5 I was just running 35's with our 10K runner.

Overall, it was a great first workout. I always love doing hills early season. I am not particularly strong at hill-running by nature, so I really focusing on improving my economy and efficiency and getting better at running them.

That's about it.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment