Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dreams Do Come True

I've always dreamed of wearing the USA jersey and racing for our wonderful country. I just was selected to be on the USA team for Pan Am Games!!!!!! I can't believe it, but I'm so honored, blessed, and super excited. I'll be racing the 10k on the track in Guadalajara, Mexico in the end of October.
This dream also meant I get to be on the national list for drug testing...yippee. It was time consuming to fill out my day to day whereabouts for the next three months especially because I barely know where I'll be next week. I thought "I'll never get drug tested"...i was wrong. I submitted my info on the 10th and was drug tested this past Thursday at 6am. This isn't the greatest time for guests but a great time to pee. Anyway, now it feels real that I'm really going to Pan Ams.
Today I'm in Providence, RI for the USA 5k and excited to race. I have no idea if I'm in 5k shape but it will be fun either way. Thanks Adidas for letting points cover travel and for the cool kit. Thanks to the amazing race directors, Charlie, Tony, and Jim. Hopefully it will be a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I know you'll represent the US with pride!

    ReplyDelete