Sunday, March 21, 2010

Injured but happy

Well I am really injured and finally going to take a real break and let everything heal. But I am very happy I was able to squeeze out a last hurrah today in the Shamrock Shuffle.
Running might not have been the best idea I've ever had but to me it was worth every second. The last couple of weeks I've been a cross-training boot-wearing you know what. Just ask David. The thought of being able to do this race was keeping me going as I pulled out of jacksonville and gave up any hope of doing boston.
Walking over to the warm up area I didn't think I would be able to run since it really hurt to walk. I even told the elite coordinator this morning that it probably wasn't going to happen. But I had to at least try and warm up. It didn't hurt that much more to run so I figured I would go for it. I put a 20 dollar bill in my shorts in case I would need to take a cab back. I also looked ridiculous with my big pain patches up my achilles and down my IT Band. (I have fluid around my achilles. and wearing the boot and xtraining gave me an IT band issue.) But hey....whatever it takes.
I actually felt semi-ok for most of the race and was able to pull of the win. I tried to really appreciate every moment of the race and breaking the tape has never felt so good. I'm in a lot of pain and looking at 4-6 weeks off but I am just so thankful I was able to race today.

No comments:

Post a Comment