Saturday, March 20, 2010

Can't wait for Spring

This week has had crazy weather and has made me too excited for Spring. It started with snow on Sunday, but was nearly 70 degrees on Wednesday and I even saw a butterfly and some ladybugs. It was so nice to run in shorts and tank. All was bright and sunny until yesterday. Now there is 8 inches of snow outside and its freezing...back to the tights today.

Its been a while since my last post so lets see if I can sum up my life. Its been a bit busy: I'm working nearly full-time, training really hard, and studying for my Professional Engineers license (an 8 hour test of all 5 areas of civil engineering that I learned in school and don't use daily). Needless to say I'm exhausted, but still running quite well.

I've had some great workouts and good mileage. My mile at Air Force was better than I thought. I ran a 5:10 and left the college girls in the dust, not that I was that fast, but they just didn't come with me. I ran a 3k at CSM for a workout and then a 10 mile tempo in the Snowman Stampede. Shout out to the director and volunteers of the Snowman Stampede...they were awesome and put on a great race. As Tera mentioned there was a few icy spots, but I had more issues with the wind that wanted to knock me down. I ran very well and averaged 6:07 over a hilly course...huge improvement from 6 months ago. I agree with Tera, everyone should do this race, its so much fun.

Last weekend I raced the Runnin' of the Green 7k. I had a great day, not as fast as I hoped but felt wonderful and raced well to first place. I guess I expected the course to be quick since it was in the City (Denver), but it was rolling hills the entire way. Luckily the weather held off till after the cool down and then it started snowing.

Coming up...a 1500m at Greeley (that will be interested) and 5k at the Arizona Sun Angel track meet. It will be the first 5k on the track for me for the last 3 years!! I'm super excited, but nervous of how fast I will run. I'm hoping to be close to where I was in college, but I now I still have a long way to go with training to truly be there. Maybe I'll surprise myself and run amazing or I'll struggle to break 17 min. Either way it will be good to see where I am and what I need to do to get to where I want to be.

Congrats to everyone who raced in the St Patty's Day races and Gate River.

No comments:

Post a Comment