Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chicago

I did my first ever Rock n Roll event last weekend in Chicago! It was a blast. I love coming back here to race. I always see a lot of people I know plus I love the city atmosphere. Having bands along the course was really nice too.
The race went great...I felt really strong the whole way and ended up with 1:13:36. I really only planned on running marathon pace but it just felt too slow. And what can I say.... I got a little competitive about half way through.
I stayed a couple days at sea level to get in another big workout before heading back to altitude today. I'm so sad to be leaving! I really love it here.
But I don't love the heat and humidity. We were in southern illinois a couple days ago for my grandmas bday and the heat index was 110. I ended up in the ER. I was freezing cold and couldn't stop shaking. Turns out it was just dehydration so I kind of feel like a wimp but I'm glad I'm ok!
I also don't love the traffic near the city. It took us about an hour and a half to move 10 miles yesterday.
So I will probably be sticking with Colorado for the time being. But I'll be back in a couple months for the marathon and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment