Thursday, July 7, 2011

Long time

I don't think many people would be super excited about running a marathon in 97 degrees. But I absolutely can't wait! In just over 7 weeks ill be toeing the line at the World Championships in South Korea for my first major race since January.
yep, January. For someone who would race every weekend if possible its been a tough year. Coming back from multiple foot surgeries hasn't been the easiest thing I have ever done. But I do think im a LOT stronger physically and mentally from the experience. I literally worked my butt off in the gym (its WAY too small right now!) in my time off and its paying off big time as I get into the full swing of marathon training. I didn't lose nearly as much fitness as I expected.
I know a lot of people don't think cross training does much but I'm a believer. I guess we will find out come August 27th.

1 comment:

  1. Tera - glad to hear that you made the squad. Great interview over on marathontalk.

    ReplyDelete