Saturday, December 19, 2009

I broke a treadmill.

Hello everyone,

Congrats to everyone at Nationals, again. It makes me so happy to be part of a team again and racing for team titles. It adds so much to the racing experience after college, and it was something that was definitely missing before I joined the BRC. To kick it with all of my awesome teammates for a few days really is an amazing experience.

So I had my best cross country season ever, which isn't saying much. :) I never have been particularly strong over 10K. But I feel that I am finally getting the hang of it - and I can't wait to see this newfound strength translate into faster track times!

So it is getting cold here in Gunnison. It is usually between -10 and 5 degrees every morning. Which means that I have been running on my parents' treadmill quite a bit. I can listen to music as loud as I want and run shirtless, so it is a nice setup. Or...it WAS a nice setup. Because yesterday my fat *ss cracked their treadmill. I literally cracked the thing in half. I mean, I have been letting loose a little bit after Nationals, but I didn't think it had come to this. I was at about 4.5 miles of a 6 mile run, and I heard a loud crack. I was still able to run, but I could feel the center of the treadmill was giving way too much, so I knew something wasn't right. So I finished the final mile and a half toward the very front of the treadmill, nervous that the whole thing was going to completely break, the belt coming unattached and whipping my legs from under me, throwing me back against the wall directly behind the treadmill, rendering me from gaining my footing as the treamdill continued to run...spewing my blood and guts all over my parents' study. It seemed like a good scene for Final Destination 7...or whatever number they're on.

Luckily, I just finished the run and turned the thing over to find that it was indeed cracked right down the middle. The price of being a 170 pound distance runner, I guess.

Anyhow, crisis averted. I will figure out a new place to do my morning runs and I will see you all tearing up the track/road-racing scene this Spring!

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment