Monday, December 21, 2009

long run on the shortest day of the year

...well sort of a long run--approximately 12 miles from my house around the Boulder reservoir, Coot Lake, and the Twin Lakes. All of the trails were pretty much clear thanks to the warmish weather and sun. This is usually the "gut-check" time of the year when it's cold, windy, icy, and dark outside, but this last week has been very nice for running. I'm coming off of a little time off and building my miles slowly, so as to avoid over-training like I did this summer. I'll probably start racing again in the early spring. I'm looking forward to doing some cross country skiing and showshoe running for cross training when I visit my family in Upper Michigan this next week. Happy holidays everyone.

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment