Saturday, February 20, 2010

A forced few days off

I had planned on writing my blog entry today about the race I was planning on racing this morning. I was hoping my entry would have gone something like this... "I ran my first race in about 6 months today and it went fantastic. I started out conservatively and picked it up with each mile. It was only a 5K, but a step in the right direction."
Instead of running that race I was forced to take a few rest days. I woke up Thursday morning with some symptoms resembling a cold, but they were still a little vague and not quite sticking. I still did my workout (just a little fartlek), and while I felt decent the last couple of pickups felt a little hard. I felt a little worse throughout the day and ended up calling in sick to work on Friday and did not run because I wasn't feeling good. Last night I wasn't able to fall asleep until after 1:30 because I was having weird joint and muscle pain (elbows, calves, hamstrings, hands) and the only reason I fell asleep is because I took some pain reliever. So, that led me to the decision of no run today. We will see what happens for tomorrow. The most I will do is a short run and then maybe try to throw a long run in a different day next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment