Monday, March 7, 2011

at the races

Yesterday I went and watched Jay run a 10 mile race in Pueblo. I thought it might be hard going to watch a race while I'm sidelined by injury but it turned out to be an AWESOME day. Ashley and David came along as well and we had a blast.
It was so cool seeing Jay run a HUGE minute and a half PR in the 10 mile. It was really inspiring and shows how much hard work and dedication to the little things really pay off in running. Jay has been diligent about his training lately and cleaned up his diet. He also even ate a little bit of breakfast before the race which he usually doesn't do. I REALLY think this is important, especially in longer races.
I know it hasn't been easy for him. Jay works long hours and sometimes gets up before 5 to get his training in. And we share a love of candy and I know how hard it can be to cut back on that :) but im sure a minute and a half PR is well worth it. I'll try and remember that next time I'm reaching for the reese's pieces.
Good Luck to everyone racing at Gate River this weekend. I am insanely jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment