Sunday, April 24, 2011

Back out

Racing Update:
Well after the small setback with my calf back in early March, things have gone well in training. I have only had one week below 80 miles (75) and the rest have been between 81 and 90. The weather has been very nice except the snow outside as of now, but we need the moisture here along the front range, and epically the southern plains.

I have done two races lately, the first being the Mile High Mile and the second being the Boulder Distance Classic. The mile was not bad considering that it was not a favorable fast course with some decent hills around Invesco Field. It was a counter clockwise race starting at the south side of the field, with the finish inside the stadium. There were 1700 or so runners, so it really was much bigger then in years past. The men's mile basically was a BRC show with Myself and Greg Rendil going 1 and 2. I ran 4:28 and Greg ran about 4:31.

Yesterday was the Boulder Distance Classic at the Res. We left Colorado Springs at 6 A:M with temps in the 40's, and arrived in Boulder to snow and wind! Gettinbg out of the car to pick up packets was welcomed with cold, cold temps and wind/snow. I think the three of us were not quite prepared for the cold, but I guess we should have known better being that it is springtime in Colorado. I had decided to run the 15k a few weeks back which is not normally what I would have done. The 15k went off first, and right away it was a three man race between myself, Tyler McCandless sp?? and Japheth Ng'ojoy. It stayed that way until about 5.5 miles when both of them took off as I just sat back and watched. I let things ride and caught back up to Japheth at about 8.5 miles and held on for second. Tyler won in 49:27 as I ran 49:50. Besides the cold weather it was a nice run and something different.
In the 5k Mike Chavez of the BRC team won in 15:30ish and Robby Young took 4th in 15:58, which considering in injuries he has dealt with was a great way to kick start racing again.
Andy Rinne, who runs for the store team ran 16:36 and somehow got the short end of the stick when the final results came out (16:56), so I expect him to have some fast times on more favorable courses later in the year.
Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment