Friday, February 3, 2012

What's been going down

I'm pretty happy to already have two races under the belt for 2012! About a month ago was the Quicker Quaker 5k up in Lafayette, which was a good one, except that I hadn't done it previously and had heard it was a "really fast" course. Um no. Maybe I misunderstood and was really told that it attracts really fast people. Because it does. It was Olympic Trials weekend though and you've gotta figure, "While the cats are away the mice will play!" And aside from just being a fun race, they were offering up some $$cha-ching$$ for the top 3. And I got 3rd so that was swell. Nicole Aish and Melody Fairchild were neck-in-neck the whole time, with Melody coming away with the win--she's back in buisiness.

Last weekend was the Fast-and-Flurry-ous 4.1 Mile xc race up in Boulder. GREAT race and the course is a real booger (definitely one of the harder xc courses I've ever run...I loved it.) made more boogery by some snow, sketchy footing, icy patches, and 20-odd degree temps. But it was a blast and a perfect tune-up for U.S. Cross. Not to mention it was FAST. I got 4th that day, and they offered up even more $$cha-ching$$ for the top 5 there, so I could at least justify taking off work that day. BRC-Boulder put on a great race and the added rivalry with Boulder Track Club made it more fun with a lot of the team all being there, it was a little bit like a miniature Club XC. Oh and I have put in my vote to add hay-bales to the course next year, just to shake things up a little more.


Training is going great and I feel awesome. We got a hefty dump of snow today so it was a forced easier-than-I-wanted day....but probably for the best. 8 days till USA's!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment