Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back to the Track

Hello everyone! Since this is my first post, I'll start off with a little background information. I am originally from Georgetown, Tx which is just outside of Austin in Central Texas. I attended Adams State College in Alamosa, Colorado where I was a part of the Cross Country and Track Teams. I finished my college eligibility in the spring of 2009 but completed my degree in Elementary Education this December, after doing a semester of student teaching at Palmer Lake Elementary. During this fall, I trained for my first marathon held in Minnesota on October 4th. This marathon was the Women's Marathon Championships and was the first opportunity to qualify for the 2012 Olympic Trails. I completed the course in 2:45:08 meeting the "B" standard qualifying time for the Trials. I was SO excited! After taking a long break off (a month) to let some nagging injuries heal, I started training again.

Today I ran at the Air Force Academy and did a track workout with some of the UCCS track girls. We did 1k repeats and this afternoon I'll run 35 minutes easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment