Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 is here

This is my first post, so I'll do a small introduction. I grew up in Conifer, CO and went to school at UNC Charlotte (North Carolina). I had a great college career and loved traveling the country for races. I graduated in 2006 and joined the Adidas Raleigh Club Team. In 2007 we moved to Colorado to train and be closer to family. My last year in Charlotte was no good so I took 2 months off when I got here to re-establish why I run and what I want to do.

Thanks to Russ and many wonderful friends I got back into running and being a competitor. 2009 was my first year with BRC Adidas and it has been a blessing. Everyone is so talented, super nice, I've made great friends, and the support is incredible. Since April 2009 I have been working hard to get back in shape and get back on the race circuit again (thanks coach). It was been a good year of learning to be patient, learning to train at altitude, trusting my training and capabilities, figuring out how to run for the right reasons, enjoying running, turning the brain off sometimes, and setting new goals. I've had a blast thus far and made some larger strides than I imagined I would.

Since Club Cross I took one week off and then ran miles the last few weeks. Most of it was in England so it was a blast and kept me wanting to run more. When I got back to Colorado I could feel the altitude for the first two days, but then my body remembered how to cope. I did my first workout for the year on Saturday (12x300m hills) and it went really well. I'm training for the indoor 3k and outdoor 5k and 10k. I'm hoping to get back down to my PR's and hopefully break all of them.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment