Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gunnison is sort of like Hawaii in the winter.


Hello BRC!

Training has been going splendidly. Last time I updated, I had cracked a treadmill and had to take my morning runs outside. Luckily, the weather here in Gunnison hasn't been that God-awful (every morning run has been above 0 degrees) and it hasn't really affected me all that much.

My mileage has been climbing (92 last week) and I am excited to start workouts again. I will race that first Mines meet and then travel to New Mexico with our Western State team and probably run a mile or 3k. My goal for the indoor season is to qualify for USA's in the 3k, my only chance for qualification coming at Grand Valley State in Michigan in mid-Feb.

Other than that, I've just been kicking it in Gunnison. If any of you would like a winter retreat and can't afford a trip to Hawaii, consider Gunnison... They are pretty similar. Here is a picture of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment