Thursday, January 7, 2010

I just read Kara's post and it made me realize that I've been taking running for granted. I should be thankful that I can run and race instead of complaining that the weather has been so bad.
I have never had an injury or illness that caused me to take a long break from running. Last year I had was tendonitis in my glute/hip but even then I only had to take a few weeks off. The sports med dr I went to last week said its coming back a little but its manageable and that I can run through it. I've had a lot of little aches and pains like that but nothing major. I think its a pretty good record especially since I run high mileage and don't sleep a lot!
Next time I'm tempted to whine about the weather I'll keep my mouth shut and be happy I can get out the door. And I am INCREDIBLY thankful for whoever invented the treadmill. I don't know what I would do without one. I run 30-40% of my mileage inside regardless of the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment