Monday, February 14, 2011

Has Anyone Seen My Mojo?



You know the song, Have You Ever Had to Make Up Your Mind? You know...

Did you ever have to make up your mind
Pick up on one and leave the other behind
It's not often easy and not often kind
Did you ever have to make up your miiiiind....


And lalala. Yes, that's like the theme song to basically my whole life. But just that one verse, the rest of the song is about some girl and I just don't really roll that way. I'll sing it for you if you ask me to. But anyhow, all this is to say that I'm a notoriously terrible decision maker, and when faced with more than one option, no matter how trivial, I have great difficulty in coming to a satisfactory decision. Thankfully, regarding running decisions there aren't too many things that'll result in life or death so maybe I shouldn't make so much out of everything and JUST DO IT. But it's like my dad tells me, better to have lots of options than none...

My present delimma is what race to do next. I'd really like to get my running Mojo back this year, it disappeared about this time a year ago. I think it fell out of my pocket, over the bridge, and into the river on the finishing stretch of Gate River last year. Everything I do right now is geared toward finding my missing Mojo. Please note that this is an entirely different sort of Mojo than that with which Austin Powers struggled with.

Training's been going relatively well lately and has been fueled with the realization that in future years, barring some sort of catastrophe, I will never forgo U.S. Cross again no matter how woefully underprepared I think I am. But I digress, next on the docket is either A)The U.S. 15k Champs--aka the Gate River Run, aka one of the most kickass races ever directed by one of the most kickass race directors ever (yeeeeahhh Richard Fannin!), or B)The Running of the Green 7k--a local race out in Lodo that attracts a good-sized crowd, is lower key, but perhaps more condicive to Mojo recovery at this particular time considering what's to come later this spring...we will see. It would probably be better if I just didn't think anything through and just pick a race about 2 days before it happens. Actually it would probably be best if I just got a frontal lobotomy.

Happy Valentine's day to all! May you recieve chocolate in abundance. Now if you will excuse me I have a hot date with a stationary bike.

Oh, and a special shout-out to Tommy for his completion of the FartLick! That workout sounds like a real doozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment