Sunday, February 13, 2011

Long Overdue First Post Here

I wanted to start off with a little intro since this my first post here at the BRC/Adidas Blog. My name is Jesse Chettle and I have been on the team for about a year and a half. I am originally from Kansas City, MO but I currently live in Gunnison, CO and train there with BRC teammates Scott Dahlberg and Paul Michel. In college I ran for Johnson County Community College in Kansas before transferring to Western State College where I ran for 3 years. Currently I am still involved with the WSC team as part of the coaching staff along with my training buddies Paul and Scott. Go Mountaineers!

On the BRC team we have a very wide range in regards to what events and races we are focused on ranging from a guy like Jason Delaney whose focus is on marathons (he qualified for the 2008 Olympic trials) all the way down to Paul Michel who is focusing primarily on the mile this track season. I fall somewhere in between with my focus and interest being primarily on the track in events ranging from the 1500m all the way up to the 10k.

For the past few years I have been quite disappointed with my results and lack of improvement despite training very hard. However, last year I finally had a bit of a breakthrough and set some new PRs for the first time since my senior year in college. This little taste of success has helped cause me to be more motivated than ever. Unfortunately though currently I am running very little as I have been down and out with the first significant injury of my running career. I got hurt back in early September at the conclusion of the biggest base mileage build up phase of my life and the injury hasn't yet healed fully (more detail to come in my next post). I'm hoping to try to start running again here soon and have my fingers crossed that I will be pain free and can still make something of this track season but that's a big 'if' at this point.

Being injured is no fun at all so when you hit the roads (or trails) for your run over the next few days, weeks, or months remember not to take your health for granted but rather appreciate everyday that you are able to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment