Monday, March 28, 2011

Races Bad Foot Good

Just an update that all seems to be good with my foot. I have ran a couple races on it since coming back and it has held up well, in fact so well that I was able to do my first long run since coming back just yesterday, the day after a race in spikes. I won't talk about the race however because it was embarrassingly slow.

After nearly 5 months off racing and training have been very tough. I have runs where I feel like I hammered a hard workout the day before but really only went an hour easy. Then I also have days where I feel pretty good. I now have 5 solid but low mileage weeks in the 55-60 range under my belt and am trying to gear up for the Mt. Sac Relays in 2 1/2 weeks. I'll be doing the 1500 there as I'm not in any kind of shape for a longer race at this point. I'm hoping if I can keep at it I can hit some PRs in late May or early June.

All I can say is don't get an injury that puts you out for 5 months because its hard to come back from. Heck, 5 months is the longest I have taken off since I started competitive running my freshman year of high school.

In the end though I'm just happy to be running without any setbacks in my foot because the injury I had can causes chronic problems and I was pretty fearful of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment