Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I do when I can't run...

I don't have much to write about as I haven't run in several weeks due to the injury I sustained in February. So I will write about what I have been doing. At first I tried cross training--elliptical, bike, even running in the pool, but I would end up with pain at the origin of the muscle which made me very nervous. So, I stopped all of those. Instead I have been "sleeping in" on work days (which means getting up at 6:30 instead of before 5), rock climbing, throwing the ball for my dog and catching up on yard work in the backyard (coincidently that also involves throwing the ball for the dog). Friday will end the official 3 weeks off even though I didn't run for several days before that. This likely means I will start being sleep deprived thus requiring more caffeine at work, my backyard will look worse and worse and my dog will be constantly begging for me to throw his toy. But it also means I will be running!

No comments:

Post a Comment