Monday, February 7, 2011

Hello BRC/Adidas Team

Hi, I like Ryan am a newbie to the BRC/adidas team, and also have never blogged before. So I too will start with a little about myself. I am originally from southern California and "transplanted" to FoCo in the beginning of November. I recently graduated from getting my doctorate in physical therapy and decided I was sick and tired of California traffic/congestion. So my wife and I packed up and moved out here to breath some "fresh air", and become outdoorsie people. However, we moved just in time for it to get too freakin' cold to go outside, so I would say trail running has been what most of our outdoor adventures have consisted of so far. But it has been a lot of fun, and the altitude is definitely an added bonus for running.

Now as for running, I ran 4 years at UCSB in California, and then kinda just did local 5k's and mile races during the 3 years of grad school. Since then, I have been train anywhere from 100 to 115 miles a week, but definitely have my ups and downs. I was training for the half in Houston last weekend which I got 12th in 104:49. My next race will hopefully be the Gate River 15k. And after that track, which is my favorite of all seasons.

I am an Angel's and Laker's fan so don't hate, but have become a Bronco's fan since moving out here. At least people can't say I'm bandwagon since they went like 4 and 12 or something this season. I pretty much love all sports, but hate the thuggets, sorry. I like to fish, hike, camp, snowboard, eat mexican food, and play ping pong.

Well that's all I got for my first blog. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you in the coming months, and am siked to be part of the team. Good luck to everybody in their coming races, and if you see a red head guy wearing our uniform, I may not look like a "Chavez", but that is me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment