Sunday, February 28, 2010

Training Update

Well the climb back into top fitness is well underway. I have been adding 5 miles a week for a while and have now started to get to the meat of this training cycle that will really set me up for this spring. I have had a major focus on doing all the little things that add up to make a big difference this training cycle. Although I haven't been perfect with my plan to do core strength twice, arm lift with core twice, and leg body weight lifting twice a week I can already tell that what I have been able to do is working. This week I ran two workouts, including hills and a long fartlek of 7654321 on 1 rest. I was very pleased with how the fartlek went as all of it was 5:20 pace or faster and the last 3 were really ripping. My long runs have been climbing like my mileage and I look forward to continuing to climb to 2hrs in a couple of weeks. Looking ahead to racing, the St. Patty's day 5k in Colorado Springs will be my spring opener. I don't expect big things from that 1st effort as I have no intention of backing off my training as my overall focus right now lies in Grand Rapids on May 8 for the 25k.

No comments:

Post a Comment